Five years ago, my husband and I went to Lake Tahoe. Our lodging was literally sitting on the side of a mountain. High on that mountain, I received a deep knowing that what I had come into the world to do with my life, up to that point was complete. That karma was complete. It was a startling discovery and made me ask myself -
"Where do I go from here? "
Here's what I did:
1. I started my retirement from teaching.
2. I started re-thinking what I wanted from a long-term marriage.
3. I started thinking of myself as an "artist", and hoped to make a part-time living as one.
4. I made the last glass mosaics I wanted to make.
5. I started painting.
A couple weeks ago we took off on a road trip to Banff. I'd always wanted to go there, but hadn't been there before. A week ago yesterday, my Lake Tahoe experience was revisited. This time, high in the Canadian Rockies, I received a crystal clear understanding of the story of my life, accompanied by an introduction to how the next phase of my life journey can go.
It can go like this:
1. I use all the wisdom and magic that I've been given.
2. I understand the role my husband and I play in each other's lives, appreciate and enjoy it.
3. Instead of making a part-time living as an artist, I make a life that I love.
Going to the mountains gave me a new perspective from which to see a bigger picture of who I am and how everything can fall into place to create the life I want to live. Where this takes my painting, I don't know, but I know it will be somewhere I haven't been to yet. I'll be traveling.