THE MESSY BOOK OF THE MONTH CLUB
In 2021, I painted a series of new paintings that featured carefully made straight lines and stenciled words. They required tedious concentration and a steady hand. Now it's 2022, and I'm done with thoughtful precision.
Over the past years that I've been painting, people have often said, "You should make a book with your paintings." I've actually made a few books of collections of my paintings ( available on Blurb.com, hint hint..) Now, I am exploring writing and my messy side by making "MESSY BOOKS".
A Messy Book is literally just that - a handmade messy book, a really messy book. It's a
6" x 9", eight page book full of the immediate spontaneous process that making the book entailed - spills, smears, cross-outs, random thoughts and scribbles and hastily pasted-on collage... I'm writing about things that pop into my head as I'm in the process of making the books. A few of the subjects: Hiroshima, Depression, Fear, Chihuahuas... I'm planning to make them all through the year, and I want to share them.
If you have a U.S. mailing address, and you'd like to travel this journey with me, you can join the Messy Book Of The Month Club. Read more below...
1. What's a "Messy Book"? - See above...
2. How and when do I receive the books? - Once a month, starting sometime in March of 2022, a copy of one my original book will arrive in the mail - the real mail, not the electronic kind.
3. What if I don't sign up til later in the year? - You'll receive the back issues when your membership begins.
4. Do I get to choose which book to receive? - No, I'll choose what to send. Each member receives the same book as the other members.
5. What if I don't like the books? - What's not to like? Sorry, No refunds. Please recycle!
7. How much does it cost? - $105 for ten books.
8. Where do I sign up? - HERE!