Simplifying In The Studio
Last month I wrote about the magic wand that I found at the beach, and how I wanted to paint with it. Today I am sharing one of the paintings on canvas paper I made using my magic wand, liquid acrylics, some paper towels and one paint brush.
Discoveries I've been making about simplifying my process like this:
1. My wand loves to paint. I love the lines it makes.
2. It's a nice break from painting on a board or canvas.
3. The imagery seems to focus on an individual being.
4. It's hard to overwork it, which leads to a lovely sense of freedom.
5. The wads of paper towels dabbed with color lying all over my table look like a magical creature has had a nosebleed...
Painting is just fun.